    but that didn't help.

    I'd appreciate any help on solving this problem!

    Thanks!!

    Dokker, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Dokker

    Jim Guest

    What OS are you using ?

    Jim, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Dokker

    Paul Guest

    First of all, do your testing with MEMTEST86 from memtest86.com .
    This accelerates the testing and focuses on memory alone.

    This posting mentions playing with the voltage for the DIMMs. See
    JP1 and JP2 in the manual for more info:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=U5IS7.87732$

    You might also want to put the DIMMs in slot 1 and slot 3.

    There is a review here:
    http://www.lostcircuits.com/motherboard/asus_a7v266e/

    If upgrading the BIOS on an A7V, read the BIOS section of
    http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/info/bios/index.htm

    as there can be issues with upgrading BIOS.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Dec 13, 2003
  4. Dokker

    Dokker Guest

    Win2k.

    BTW, I was adding 2 more 256K DIMMs...

    Thanks!

    Dokker, Dec 13, 2003
  5. Dokker

    k.d. reed Guest

    Just did the same thing myself just today after getting a deal on a 512mb
    stick @ Best Buy. So far I have had no problems. I have 2 512mb stick now.

    Kdr

    k.d. reed, Dec 15, 2003
  6. Dokker

    Shadow Lord Guest

    I had a similar prob, Had 2 Corsair 512 meg sticks working great, then
    i added a 256 stick just to fill up all my slots
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

    Not good made my pc Piss itself, had a memory error and stuffed my
    hard disk, missing files ect ect ect, had to format the disk and start
    over lucky i have my Disk partitioned so i did not loose much.

    Prob a memory incompatibility, some boards also like 2 slots and just
    them, a certian ammount of memory, different memory slots for
    different sized dimms you NAME IT, can be anything,

    Best bet get two 512 meg dimms and stay with that, same brand.

    That shoudl work great.

    Bye.

    Shadow Lord, Dec 28, 2003