Help about Cogent CSB637 Board.

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by gauravsarode, Oct 28, 2005.

  1. gauravsarode

    gauravsarode Guest

    Hi Everyone,

    I am working with Cogent CSB637 Board for last 2 weeks.But I am Stuck a
    one point. I am trying to Port Linux on it. I took latest patches from
    maxim.org.za/AT91RM9200/2.6/ and maxim.org.za/AT91RM9200/ . I applie
    them on kernels (2.4 /2.6). Then I configure the kernel with

    make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- xconfig

    In configuration I am enabling general features only. I have enable
    Serial Console Support for AT91RM9200.Since I am viewing my output o
    Hyperterminal.

    and compiled the kernel with

    make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- zImage

    then I send the zImage created by it to my board. then i run this imag
    with this command

    startlinux

    which is a shell script (which is correct).

    Then the problem begins.My kernel shows

    Uncompressing Linux.................................................
    done, booting the kernel.

    Then nothing happens.I have tried many kernels and many patches but th
    problem is same.But when I use kernel given at at91rm.com. It goes littl
    further and shows

    "kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-31, errno = 2

    VFS: Cannot open root device "1f

    Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 1f:04
    "
    Can anyone tell me what is wrong in my steps.

    I have another problem. If I successfully booted the linux . What abou
    the file system (like /bin /proc /sbin). How it will be created? what
    the steps to create it? Please guide in this issue.

    Please forward all your suggessions to .
    Waiting for your reply.
    Bye.

    Regards,
    Gaurav Sarode.