HELP: ASUS M3A board, Vista 32 Ultimate, wont boot after network install

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Moby, Jan 12, 2008.

  1. Moby

    Moby Guest

    Hi Guys,

    Assembling a HTPC for a friend.

    Have a ASUS M3A board.
    Athlon AM2 4400+, 2 gig ram, and Gigabyte GeForce 8500GT PCIe video
    card.

    Install Vista 32 Ultimate no probs.

    Then I pop in the ASUS disk and install the network driver.

    Reboot (sometimes it dont finish install, sits at end forever)

    Starts to load Vista, gets to bit with green squares go left to right,
    and hangs.

    You can occasiaonally move mouse in steps (like an IRQ conflict)

    Didnt have latest BIOS, so updated with the 2008 BIOS, and downloaded
    the latest NIC drivers.

    If I boot in safe mode, and check device manager, it has about 8
    entries under the NIC.

    So, whats going on?????

    Regards,

    Moby

    Alan Stuart downunder in Perth, Oz
    Email: 58.com
    Homepage: http://www.moby58.com
    Local Weather: http://mobywx.ozflightsim.com/wx
    Stuff for sale: http://www.moby58.com/forsale

    * Remove NOSPAM.AND.EGGS. from email address for replies.

    And just to try and stop spammers:
    , , , ,
    , , , ,

    Making life REAL hard for spammers with:
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~shades2/spamtrap.html

    Moby, Jan 12, 2008