    Larry Gagnon
    ***************
    remove "fake" from email address

    Larry Gagnon, Nov 28, 2003

  2. may be a stupid question but are you sure it's a bootable disc....?

    Simon Hepworth, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Larry Gagnon

    John Gardner Guest

    Wow! My IC-7 Max3 is doing *exactly* the same thing. With a caveat-

    I set up the ICH5R for RAID 0 with two Raptors. Using Ctrl-I, I configured
    them as a single volume. In this configuration, exactly the same thing
    happens with the CD showing up in BIOS but refusing to spin the XP disk.

    If I disable RAID, the CD spins right up and installs XP. So I have been
    unable to set up a RAID stripe and load XP.

    I believe all settings were correct:

    * Mode set to ENHANCED
    * IDE/RAID set to RAID
    * Boot priority set to "other"
    * "other" boot device enabled
    * IDE master enabled
    * etc.

    Also, I've tried both IDE1 and IDE2 for the CD. No difference. When the RAID
    is enabled the XP disk will not load. With RAID disabled, it loads fine.
    btw - I flashed BIOS 13, no difference. Since XP has to install BEFORE the
    RAID drivers are installed - I am at a loss.

    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
    John G.

    John Gardner, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Larry Gagnon

    TomG Guest

    I may be wrong here but in my situation, I did not set boot priority to
    "other." I set it to onchip device and then had the boot options set to
    floppy, cdrom, hdd0. I am able to boot to a cd or to the ICH5R SATA raid 0
    that is on SATA 1 & 2. mode is enhanced, hdd bus master enabled.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com