Help - cannot delete a file from Network attached server (NAS)

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Dave Smithz, Nov 1, 2005.

  1. Dave Smithz

    Dave Smithz Guest

    Hi there

    We recently acquired a Lacie network attached storage device. We moved many
    of our files to the device. However, it seems some of the files cannot be
    deleted.

    Even when we log in as administrator to the NAS device, on moving sometimes
    it says the file is in use by another user, other times it says we do not
    have privileges (Even though we have logged in as administrator).

    On looking at the file preferences we did notice the functions that can be
    performed on the file are none and the group is none. When changing this it
    does not accept our changes as it always just reverts back to what it was
    before (I can't remember exact on screen terminology as no longer at the
    office).

    Can anyone help me with this. I'm quite green with Mac's so it might be
    something obvious.

    Kind regards

    Dave

    Dave Smithz, Nov 1, 2005