HELP--Can't get iDVD to burn a disc--"not a usable disc" message

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Jim, Sep 20, 2009.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Here's the deal:

    I've got an quicktime movie I want to have play on a standard DVD
    player. After I got the MOV into iDVD and added a theme, I tried tried
    the burn button.
    I put in a brand new DVD-R and after a 2 minutes it pops out with the
    disc "not usable" or "not recordable" or some such message.

    I checked the disc by popping it back in and there is a folder full of
    video stuff on the disc-- obviously placed there by iDVD before the
    "disc not usable" message.
    So what do I have to do to create an movie DVD? Seems like a Catch 22
    situation. Tried the same thing on my wife's iBook and the same thing
    happened.

    Thanks,
    Jim

    PS- I have an iMac8,1 and use OS 10.5.8.

    Jim, Sep 20, 2009

  2. Jim

    Király Guest

    Try iDVD's "Save as Disk Image" under the File menu. Then use Disk
    Utility to burn it.

    Király, Sep 24, 2009

  3. Wondershare Video to DVD Bunrer is a powerful video DVD maker which
    helps you easily convert all videos to DVD including AVI, MPG, MPEG,
    MP4, WMV, MOV, MP4, DAT, RM, and HD videos such as M2TS, TP, TRP, etc.
    You can even make a video slideshow with 32 menu templates and 60
    transition effects.

    Source:http://www.wonderdvd.com/wondershare-video-to-dvd-burner/
    Ok,if you only burn wmv to dvd,you can use Wondershare WMV to DVD
    Burner,it has quite low price to compare with video to dvd
    burner,learn more about it:
    http://www.wonderdvd.com/wondershare-wmv-to-dvd-burner/

    Other useful information:
    http://www.wonderdvd.com/wondershare-avi-to-dvd-burner/