    to get them all connected and working?

    Thank you
    Steve

    steve smith, Feb 8, 2005

  2. steve smith

    Ben Myers Guest

    Leave the hard drives where they are on the primary IDE controller.

    Examine the IDE cable used to attach the DVD drives to the secondary IDE
    controller. Is it a cable select type of cable? How can one tell? Hold the
    cable up to the light and see if there is a small hole in the cable, indicating
    that one of the wires has been cut. If so, it is cable select cable, and both
    DVD drives should have their jumpers in the cable select (CS) position. This
    means that the master and slave setups depend on the connector to which the
    drives are attached.

    As a rule, I would always make sure that a DVD burner is either a master on an
    IDE controller or it is a slave to a hard drive, never a slave to another
    optical drive.

    Have you check the drive setups as shown in the motherboard BIOS setup screens?

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 8, 2005