    I did make sure I was burning "Music CD" in the preference/advanced
    setting.

    Thanks for your help!!

    Figaro, Aug 1, 2010

  2. Figaro

    Figaro Guest

    Yes I've played many computer-burned music CD's with no problem.
    I think it's an iTunes issue.

    Does it matter what source files you start with? (MP3, apple
    lossless, AIFF,...etc)

    :-(

    Figaro, Aug 2, 2010

  3. Figaro

    Figaro Guest

    It's a CD-RW.

    Figaro, Aug 2, 2010
  4. Figaro

    Guest Guest

    cd-rw is not as reflective as cd-r or commercially pressed discs and
    may not play in all players, especially old ones.

    what you want is multi-read capability.

    Guest, Aug 2, 2010
  5. Figaro

    Figaro Guest

    I'll try burning again with a CD-R and report back.

    Thanks!

    Figaro, Aug 2, 2010
  6. Figaro

    David Empson Guest

    As others have noted, it is probably a compatibility problem between the
    media you are using this time, and that CD player.
    If you choose to burn an "Audio CD" (as opposed to an "MP3 CD" or "Data
    CD or DVD"), there is no file format. An Audio CD contains raw
    uncompressed digital audio data at 44.1 kHz stereo, 16 bits per sample.

    Apart from audio quality of the original files, it doesn't make any
    difference if you burn an "Audio CD" from Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV,
    MP3, AAC or anything else. The end result is in the standard audio CD
    format.

    ("Data CD" will write a file system to the CD containing the audio files
    in their current format, which almost certainly won't work in an old
    portable CD player. "MP3 CD" will write a file system to the CD
    containing MP3 files only, but you have to convert everything to MP3
    first. It just ignores any non-MP3 files in your playlist.)
    How old is the version of iTunes are you using? The setting for the
    burned CD format hasn't been in the preferences for a while. In iTunes 9
    it is a selection made at the point you burn a CD.

    David Empson, Aug 2, 2010
  7. Just don't choose .WAV as the format; either choose .aiff or depending
    on the version of iTunes, it'll choose that for you when you burn a
    music CD. Few old players can handle .mp3 format.

    John McWilliams, Aug 2, 2010