    editing.

    Regards.

    FSK

    FSK, May 4, 2004

  2. FSK

    David B. Guest

    Go with the P4 2.0

    David B., May 6, 2004

  3. FSK

    Nate Edel Guest

    Both of them relative dogs, at this point. If you need decent performance
    from a processor that low-end, might I humbly suggest either going with AMD,
    instead. Or getting the cheapest Celeron you can right now, and upgrading
    to a decent P4 when you can afford it.

    If you're getting a P4, I would not recommend buying anything slower than a
    2.26 or 2.4B; the 400FSB, especially on single-channel memory motherboards,
    kills you, and if at all possible I wouldn't get anything slower than a
    2.4C.
    Between them, the Cel2.8 will be faster on a few specific CPU-bound
    applications that don't stress the cache (smaller benchmarks, mainly.
    Probably [email protected] also) but the P4/2.0 will be faster and more responsive
    for most applications.
    How big/serious is your image editing? If you're talking home digital
    camera stuff, you should be fine with either, and for typical Office and
    Internet use, you'll probably be fine with either.

    How much memory do you plan to get? With Windows XP, if you're planning to
    go with 256 or less, save a little on the processor, and go with 384mb or
    512mb instead...

    Nate Edel, May 6, 2004