    I wanna buy low end ok performance card and I dunno which card is better
    in both prices and performance when compared to gforce4 440 128 mb 8x agp or
    ATI low end range...

    Acid_Rain, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Acid_Rain

    Someguy Guest

    ATIs lowend range is much better and more powerful.

    Geforce MX range is a DirectX 7 part only, does not utilize the Directx 8
    hardware featureset. This does seem to make quite a difference in more
    modern games.

    SO an ATI 9000/9100/9200 is a much better bet than a Geforce 4 MX.

    Someguy, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Acid_Rain

    Gordon Guest

    I've got the mx440 and i'd say it's pretty good BUT I play games like medal
    of honour - the're a few months old now. I downloaded a demo of tom clancy's
    deserte siege or something and it wasn't too smoothe on this card.

    It's still a good card though, but obviously go with the better
    performance - if this dude says ATI then he probably has a reason for saying
    so.

    Gordon, Oct 7, 2003