Help: Dell AIO 962 and Netgear PS121 print server.

Discussion in 'Dell' started by JKC, May 18, 2005.

  1. JKC

    JKC Guest

    I have a Dell AIO 962 and Netgear PS121 print server.
    They are both brand new.
    I tested and verified that the printer works properly by directly connecting
    it my PC (Dell Dimension 3000 running XP home).
    I tested and verified that the Ethernet port, where the printer server is
    connected to, is working properly, too.
    Afterward, I connected the print server to my home network and the printer
    to the print server.

    On Netgear's 'Print Server Setup Wizard,' the print server shows up with an
    expected and reasonable IP address. However, when I click "next," after a
    minute or so, it comes back with an error message "Network Busy, or Device
    not found."

    What is the root cause for this error?
    I can not proceed until it is resolved.

    In general, does a printer server (a relatively low/mid range) work with a
    multi-function all-in-one printer?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    JKC, May 18, 2005

  2. JKC

    Tom Scales Guest

    I would not be surprised if it just won't work. Many low-end All-in-Ones
    will not. You will, at least, lose everything except printing.

    Just attach it to one of your machines and share it.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, May 18, 2005