    under load.

    Happy Turkey Day,

    Pete

    Peter Harrington, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Peter Harrington

    Hamman Guest

    I have the Ininity Ultra II which is elecronically idenical, and i can
    assure you this doesnt happen. With my past experience with DFI borads, i
    would say that somethings about to go.

    But, first things first, does it still do it if you change the power supply
    or remove a few system componenets or even clock the system normally.

    hamman

    Hamman, Nov 24, 2004

  3. Have not tried putting the system down to a normal clock speed. It does
    occur when the system is under load and disappears during a reboot.. It
    also could be something up with Windoze.

    I do run Prime95 regularaly to check stability.

    The voltages don't change when the system is under stress, and the power
    supply is 500 W Anatec, so I think it is up to task.

    Because the system does run a bit warm, I was wondering if it an error
    message from the CPU or that maybe the CPU has been throttled.

    MBM still reports the same speed and the system does not appear any slower,
    so I am not sure that CPU throttling has kicked in.

    Any other suggestions are welcome.

    Thanks,

    Pete

    Peter Harrington, Nov 26, 2004
  4. Peter Harrington

    Chip Guest

    The flashing power light is certainly an indication that the CPU is in
    standby mode, which clearly it isn't. What bios are you using? It could be
    a bios bug. Incidentally, what happens when you *do* suspend the PC? I
    assume you do get the flashing power light then?

    Chip

    Chip, Nov 26, 2004
  5. I just upgrade to the Nov, 2004 BIOS. I thought that I had APIC disabled in
    the power menu of the CMOS. However with this setting disabled, I could not
    get Windoze XP Pro SP2 to boot. It would hang right after the white bar at
    the bottom made it across the bottom of the screen before it entered
    graphics mode.

    So afterall the hardware may be going into some powersaving mode, when I
    leave the computer on all the time. The windows power settings are set to
    always on.

    Best wishes,

    Pete

    Peter Harrington, Nov 27, 2004
  6. Ok, I found out that the power led starts blinking when the screen-saver
    kicks-in and powers off the monitor. It doesn't stop blinking when a key or
    mouse click ends the screen-saver mode.

    Pete

    Peter Harrington, Nov 27, 2004