    G.T. Guest

    But command line diskutil works. Am I missing something?

    Greg

    G.T., Feb 14, 2004

  2. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    No, I got all that. Erase is grayed out.

    Greg

    G.T., Feb 15, 2004

  3. Apple does not officially support DVD-RW, they only officially support
    DVD-R. I've heard that not all superdrives support DVD-RW. To check,
    start System Profiler, find your superdrive (mine is listed as a
    MATSHITA drive). When you select it the lower right-hand pane will
    provide details on your drive. Mine says "Drive type: CD-RW/DVD-RW."
    I've been able to burn and erase DVD-RW with this drive. Hope this
    helps.

    Jason Carucci, Feb 15, 2004
  4. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    I have Pioneers and Maxells. My DVD is a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-103 (from
    System Profiler).
    No, these are DVD-RWs I burnt with Finder in Jaguar for backup, they
    definitely have data on them. Even the one I burnt yesterday from Panther
    can't be erased via Disk Utility. Strange. I have no problem erasing them
    via command line.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    G.T., Feb 16, 2004