    Raid controller on these Gigabyte boards? Ghost? True Image?

    Thanks!

    Helen

    Helen Chevy, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Helen Chevy

    Mark Taylor Guest

    Hello Helen

    I do not use this combination but did have an issue with the various imaging
    packages such as Ghost 2003, Drive Image 2002 & Acronis not recognising my
    RAID and SATA drives correctly. I now use Powerquest Drive Image version 7
    which not only images directly within XP but the recovery console aka DOS
    type interface if you cannot boot your system also sees all of my RAID &
    SATA devices as well as my external USB2 drives and Firewire (IEEE1394) DVD
    burner. When you first run the recovery console it is very much like
    installing XP and it asks you to press F6 to install RAID or other mass
    storage device drivers. This is a great program as I do not need to reboot
    into DOS to do images etc and I also have it scheduled to do them regularly
    so I don't have to do it manually.

    Hope this helps.
    Mark

    Mark Taylor, Aug 22, 2003

  3. Helen Chevy

    Helen Chevy Guest

    Mark:

    That was *exactly* the information I was looking for and hoping to get
    before making the jump to Powerquest. Acronis really left me in a jam since
    it made a great image of my SATA, which suggested it would restore it. But
    clearly it does not, and the manufacturer, after taking a week to give me a
    straight answer, has now admitted this. The F6 option makes all the sense in
    the work.

    Thanks again!

    Helen

    Helen Chevy, Aug 22, 2003