    "it haven´t been manufactured in 5 years" . Well, it´s old... and it has
    only 64 mb of memory,
    well it´s a good card even though. Old cards can be better than new ones.

    Timppa Saarinen, Jul 15, 2006

  2. Well some cards nowadays have like 2*512 mb of memory, that does NOT mean
    they are 10 times faster. Quite the opposite.

    Timppa Saarinen, Jul 15, 2006

  3. Timppa Saarinen

    mmdir2005 Guest

    I have two Geforce video card: FX 5200 and Geforce2 MX400.
    The FX 5200 is little expensive than MX400. I tried both video card
    and I've not seen any significant improvement from FX 5200 over MX400.
    Does anyone know FX 5200 anyway better card than MX400?

    mmdir2005, Jul 15, 2006
  4. Which has more texture memory and can do a newer version of DirectX?

    Michael Cecil, Jul 15, 2006
  5. * Timppa Saarinen:
    64MB memory is a pure waste for a GF2MX which was already low-end when
    they came out.
    Better in which terms? Cards with Riva128 or Matrox Millenium II cards
    are still good cards but that doesn't mean anyone wants to use them
    anymore today...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jul 15, 2006
  6. * :
    Yes, it is. No matter which "MX400" you mean (the GF2MX400 or the
    despite its name basically identical GF4MX400) but the FX5200 is faster
    and a much newer technology than the MX cards...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jul 15, 2006
  7. Timppa Saarinen

    Gaz Guest

    Both cards are aimed at the same market. They are cut down versions of
    better series of cards, both are seriously underpowered, largely
    deliberatly. You would be better getting a full version of an older card,
    rather then a cut down version of a new one. ie pick yourself up a full
    geforce4ti for about £20 on ebay, it will blow both of those cards away.

    Gaz

    Gaz, Jul 15, 2006
  8. * Timppa Saarinen:
    Performance is primarily dependend of the GPU and not the memory size.
    The GF2MX is simply too slow to run any applications or games that use
    64MB of gfx RAM at any acceptable frame rate. The same of course if
    valid for todays low end cards (i.e. a GF6200 with 512MB)...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jul 15, 2006