HELP!!!>>>G450 e TV with XP on ASUS 865??? <<<HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by WTJ, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. WTJ

    WTJ Guest

    I moved my 450 to the new ASUS board,
    installed ALL the latest ASUS bios & drivers,
    installed the latest drivers from Matrox' site,
    but no way, no how,
    can I get PC-VCR to work.

    The Quick-connect works when installing
    with great picture, (but no sound),
    but afterwards when I try to open PC-VCR,
    I get:
    "An unrecoverable error has occurred.
    The application will be terminated".

    Now.. I am using all NTFS,
    but surely that can't be the problem?

    Matrox provides so-called "Windows XP" drivers
    for this board, but I wonder if this is just
    a crippled accomodation to XP.

    Has ANYONE gotten PC-VCR to work in XP?

    Please let me know what your set-up is.

    I'd like to continue to use the board,
    but if it's not being supported,
    I'll pick up the AIW 8500 that's on sale
    and swear off Matrox forever!

    WTJ, Jul 15, 2003

  2. WTJ

    WTJ Guest

    Well, mine was a new install,
    and to be sure I removed drivers,
    rebooted 2x (powering down),
    and re-installed.

    Are you using NTFS on all drives?

    If you've no probs with PC-VCR,
    it's either my board (immature bios)
    or a conflict with one of the
    integrated functions' drivers.

    I wish I could pin it down.
    Guess this is a good reason not to
    buy the "latest and greatest".

    Hope someone can give me another clue.

    WTJ, Jul 15, 2003

  3. WTJ

    WTJ Guest

    (I found the answer )

    Amazing! I guess slow folk buy
    Asus, Matrox, & P4's with hyperthreading.

    Buried deep in Matrox' site is a "video editing" forum that explains:

    The G450 etv won't work well with dual cpu's
    OR HYPERTHREADED SYSTEMS.

    BUT...There is a BETA fix.
    A file:
    MTXCPUID.dll
    available now,
    only from the forum moderator,
    must replace the one we've installed on our
    XP systems.

    Seems that this affects G400 owners as well.

    I'm waiting for the moderator to attend to the group
    (tomorrow A.M.)
    and send mine.

    WTJ, Jul 15, 2003
  4. WTJ