    frequency of 4800 x 384 = 1.8432 MHz.

    I would like to have the CLK signal running with no involvement of the CPU.
    Maybe some tricky form of PWM

    Bill, Sep 9, 2005

  2. I would think so.

    I do hope you have more for the DSP to do. It makes for a pretty
    expensive clock generator. ;-)

    Don't do anything tricky. Set the PWM to put out 1.8432 MHz with a 50%
    duty cycle. Figure out the minimum and maximum division available in
    the timer doing the PWM. That tells you what multiples of 1.8432 MHz
    you can use to run the DSP at or real near (+-2%?). Pick the frequency
    high enough so the DSP can get it's work done.

    Gerald Bonnstetter, Sep 9, 2005