help getting acer 3000 series motherboard out pls

Discussion in 'Acer' started by stoorworm, May 19, 2007.

  1. stoorworm

    stoorworm Guest

    hi there, ive been wrestling with my laptop for weeks, in order to
    save money i decided to fix my broken power jack myself, unfortunatly
    i havent even been able to get to it yet! im trying to get the
    motherboard out but ive hit a wall

    i think its this:

    http://img7.imagevenue.com/img.php?i...22_677lo.JP G

    seems to have this pin things that are stuck fast no screws or
    anything but its not letting the motherboard budge an inch...

    http://img134.imagevenue.com/view.ph...22_416lo.J PG

    close ups:

    http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php?..._122_798lo.JPG

    http://img137.imagevenue.com/view.ph...22_450lo.JP G

    http://img181.imagevenue.com/view.ph..._122_411lo.JPG

    anyone encountered this before? id be really gratefull if you tell me
    how to dislodge it!
    thanks

    stoorworm, May 19, 2007

  2. stoorworm

    Bob Fay Guest

    Your links are no good!

    Bob Fay, May 19, 2007

  3. Hope you removed the dvd player first, its held by a screw under the
    keyboard the first time you take it apart its a little stiff. Also
    don't forget the 3 screws under the monitor and the 2 screws holding
    the power button board.

    MiHat MuhCane, Jun 7, 2007
  4. stoorworm

    A Nother Guest

    Try a local repair shop. Avoid a bad learning experience caused by trying
    this yourself.

    A Nother, Apr 3, 2008
  5. stoorworm

    scanni