    possible to create those disk's or some other way to start the recovery
    prosess??

    Thanks alot!!!

    JanGun, Aug 29, 2006

  2. See:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...=en&product=3216189&lang=en&docname=c00372703

    -|Hi!
    -|
    -|We have this hp pavillion 5247eu laptop. What happend was that we
    -|installed win xp pro without creating original recovery disk set. I
    -|think recovery partition is untouched so my question is that is it

    Herman D. Knoble, Aug 29, 2006

  3. JanGun

    jani Guest

    i repeatedly pressed the F11 key when the HP logo appearded and nothing
    happends.
    i have tried almoust everything and i'm loosing the battle.

    jani, Aug 29, 2006
  4. JanGun

    Dan Guest

    Sorry to say that HP laptops generally do not come with a recovery
    partition. You will most likely have to go to HP to purchase a recovery
    disk set (if they are still available for that model).

    Dan, Sep 2, 2006
  5. JanGun

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    This is complete bullhockey. Every HP laptop comes with a recovery
    partition and an application that allows you to make your own restore CD or
    DVD set.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 3, 2006
  6. No, it's not "complete bullhockey". As Dan said, it is *model
    dependent*. For example my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does not
    have a recovery partition but does come with full repair/re-install
    (CD/DVD) media. But perhaps it's fair to say that *newer/current* models
    come either with a recovery partition *or* with repair/re-install media.

    I would be interested to hear if there are any newer/current models
    for which this is not the case (i.e. no recovery partition and no
    repair/re-install media.

    Frank Slootweg, Sep 3, 2006
  7. JanGun

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    *EVERY* HP laptop has it. ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation.
    There are no exceptions. HP/Compaq also have a utility that allows the user
    to delete the partition, which is probably what happened on your wife's
    computer.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 3, 2006
  8. "ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation."? *Whose*
    "regulation"? If there's any "regulation", i.e. by Microsoft, then it's
    to supply as little as possible, i.e. no media, and my (wife's) example
    clearly shows that's not always the case.

    Anyway, as I said, my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does *not*
    have a recovery partition, and no, it was not deleted but just never
    existed. Not to mention that it would be rather silly and wasteful to
    have both (a recovery partition and repair/re-install media).

    So please don't talk absolutes, just because *your* information/
    experience is different than that of other people.

    Frank Slootweg, Sep 3, 2006
  9. JanGun

    Ben Myers Guest

    "ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation." Who requires this?
    Micro$oft? Was legislation passed by Congress? Please be more specific, and
    also quote your sources for this information, rather than simply responding in
    generalities... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Sep 4, 2006
  10. JanGun

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Your wife's dv42005 comes with the partition (10GB) and the utility to
    create the set of CDs from it.

    The FTC mandated that all computers sold at consumer retail products within
    the US have the capability to restore the computer, either as a set of discs
    or as a restore partition.

    HP does partitions, on all models sold within the U.S. If you do not
    believe me, email them.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 4, 2006
  11. Sigh!

    World != the US.

    If you had bothered to check (or just read your own attribution), you
    would have seen that I do not live in - well, at least not post from -
    the US.

    As I said several times, my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does
    *not* have a recovery partition and *never had* one (but does have
    repair/re-install media). So what you say is applicable in the US, isn't
    applicable world-wide.

    Having said that, the OP said "hp pavillion 5247eu laptop", note "eu",
    and lives in Finland, so your US-centric information might, and probably
    does, not apply. QED.

    Frank Slootweg, Sep 4, 2006
  12. JanGun

    jani Guest

    Problem solved!!!
    I just made recovery disk set from identical computer and it worked. No
    i have laptop installed and running. And thanks to all!!!!

    jani, Sep 4, 2006