    cartridges autoload just fine, etc.

    Anyone have any experience with these things and could give me some clues?

    Thanks.

    A Nengineer, Sep 11, 2004

  2. A Nengineer

    Beelzebub Guest

    Hmm. The autoloader probably doesn't work with Linux since it is an
    old device and only works with computers that work with Windows 98SE
    and up. I have an HP 1533a DDS-2 tape drive which is not an
    autoloader, and it works fine with a SCSI card that I have had for
    years only on a Windows box as there are no drivers to run it on a
    linux box.

    Beelzebub, Sep 11, 2004

  3. A Nengineer

    A Nengineer Guest

    Well, actually there are Linux software tools available for this machine
    which I downloaded and installed. I actually got the system to recognize
    the autoloader, flip the cartridges back and forth, etc. I didn't have
    time to try to actually write something to the tape so I let it go for
    awhile.

    Came back several weeks later and just couldn't get anything to work.

    I appreciate your pointing out these considerations, but I suspect there
    is someone here somewhere who HAS gotten it to work. I'm hoping they'll
    chime in.

    A Nengineer, Sep 12, 2004