HELP. I can't, just can't force my GA-K8NXP-Sli board to use SATA II nforce4 instead of SATA I via S

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by elfik.c, Oct 10, 2006.

  1. elfik.c

    elfik.c Guest

    Hello there fellow magicians,

    My motherboard: Gigabyte K8NXP-Sli nforce4x

    Maybe you could help me with this huge problem I have meet. Today I
    bought Samsung SpinPoint 2504C 250 GB SATA II drive, and after proper
    connection (sata II ports, S_ATA_1) first problem occured. I just don't
    why it happen. Currently my BIOS is F11 (newest) version and it could
    recognize my hardware in more proffesional way.

    So that is what happens:

    BIOS don't wan't to boot my PC with SATA II (300) connection. Even if
    connected properly, he recognizes and uses SATA I (150) Satalink
    controller with my new disk. Weird! If I select Serial ATA - 1 on
    "disabled" in BIOS - my PC isn't seeing. If I select Serial ATA - 2 on
    enabled, Serial ATA - 1 on disabled still nothing. But as I mention
    before, Serial ATA - 1 enabled does run my disk with 1.5 Gps via
    Satalink.

    It makes me cry, I don't know what's going on. I can't even sleep ;)
    How can I force my mobo to use nforce4 SATA II controller instead of
    Satalink one?

    thank you for your helpfull answers, apprieciated a much!

    best regards

    Paul.

    elfik.c, Oct 10, 2006