    Any help would be much appreciated!!

    Thank,

    Larry

    LarryK, Oct 21, 2004

  2. LarryK

    CapFusion Guest

    As of today or month of October 2004, PCI-E do not have half-height card
    exist or as I aware of.
    Best bet if you can, look for a PCI version instead.
    I assumed you talking about this model -
    OptiPlex GX280
    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/optix_gx280?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz

    If you have the SF or SD version, you may need to wait awhile.
    If you have the SMT, full size card should be ok.

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Oct 21, 2004

  3. LarryK

    LarryK Guest

    Thanks for the post. Well, I found this card. I called ABit and they
    said this was a half height card. Notice, it has a full height bracket
    on the end but I think I can take that off and stick the VGA output
    out another slot to hook it up to my other monitor. The guy at ABit
    said it will support two monitors. I'll let you know if it works...

    http://www.provantage.com/buy-7abit...rd-128mb-ddr-memory-windows-abit-shopping.htm

    Regards,

    Larry

    LarryK, Oct 22, 2004
  4. LarryK

    peter Guest

    I took a good look at that picture and others of the same card (google search)
    and I must tell you that is a solid piece of metal thats holding those outputs
    together.On one website it even looks as though something is holding that VGA
    connector to the main body of the card.I would endeavor to see the card in
    person before buying it.

    peter

    peter, Oct 23, 2004
  5. LarryK

    First of One Guest

    Low-profile cards (at least the retail boxed ones) usually come with an
    alternative low-profile bracket that can be used in place of the standard
    one. In fact, if the bracket weren't detachable, there would be no point in
    having the VGA connector on a separate ribbon cable.

    First of One, Oct 24, 2004
  6. LarryK

    Noozer Guest

    But who says that the picture on that website is an accurate representation
    of the card?

    Noozer, Oct 25, 2004
  7. LarryK

    LarryK Guest

    The good news is that the card works and supports two monitors! Yeah!

    The bad news is that I can't see any way to get that bracket off of
    the card. Maybe I'm missing something. Right now, my case is stuck
    open. I was able to unscrew the VGA connector from the bracket and
    connect the monitor through another slot. I'm going to take my tin
    snips to the top of the bracket so I can get my case closed.

    I complained to the guy at ABit about the fact that they were selling
    a half height card with a full height bracket.... I didn't see another
    bracket in the box...

    Regards,

    Larry

    LarryK, Oct 25, 2004
  8. LarryK

    LarryK Guest

    Ok, the full height bracket does come off of the card. You just have
    to remove the screws holding on the DVI and VGA outputs. This card
    does not come with a half height bracket. I broke the bracket so I
    could use the top part to hold the VGA connector in the next slot.
    Now, my two monitor setup works fine. I'm still getting used to
    working with two monitors. Visually, it is a little disturbing at
    first..

    Regards,

    Larry

    LarryK, Oct 25, 2004