help identify this CPU

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by George Maxwell, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. Hello group

    I need some help with identification of this CPU please.

    I purchased this as an Athlon XP 2600+ Barton

    AXDL2600DLV4D
    Y906385A40729
    AQXFA0345UPMW

    However when I checked this with wcpuid it list the CPU as a Mobile
    athlon ?
    Mobile AMD Athlon XP- M (model A)
    Internal clock 1913.17Mhz

    The voltage on the CPU is 1.5v I am guessing that the L in the AXDL
    indicates low voltage ?
    System clock 166.36 MHz
    Multiplier 11.5
    system bus 332.73 MHz DDR

    Over clocking potential ?

    Thanks

    George Maxwell, Dec 8, 2004

  2. George Maxwell

    Wes Newell Guest

    Low voltage 2600+ Athlon XP destop replacement cpu.
    It's wrong.
    Actually, it's the L in DLV for 1.5v. The AXDL reps model.
    Should be very good or better.

    Wes Newell, Dec 8, 2004

  3. In message <>, Wes
    So having established the above. What would be a safe over clock and how
    would I achieve this. ?

    George Maxwell, Dec 8, 2004
  4. George Maxwell

    Wes Newell Guest

    Set vcore to 1.75v and see what you can get out of it with that voltage. I
    would think you can get 2300MHz (11.5x200).

    Wes Newell, Dec 8, 2004
  5. In message <>, Wes
    Cheers Wes for your help

    here are the results from your suggestion :)

    Core voltage set to 1.75v from 1.50v
    system clock set to 200 MHz fsb from 166MHz
    Multiplier left at 11.5
    Result

    2305.24MHz from 1913,19MHz

    CPU temp at idle 50c but with all fans on lowest settings
    I could crank up the CPU fan to max and case fans to max which would
    probably reduce temp to around 40c but hell of a noise.

    When running at 1913.19 MHz and both 120mm case fans on high temp is 36c
    at idle CPU fan on low.

    Thanks again

    Joss

    George Maxwell, Dec 9, 2004
  6. George Maxwell

    Wes Newell Guest

    I only suggested 1,75v vcore because I was pretty sure that would be
    enough and it would boot. Put in a memtest floppy or boot cd and then
    start lowering vcore until it craps out or gets down to 1.65v, Every. step
    you get it lower will let the cpu run that much cooler.

    Wes Newell, Dec 9, 2004