    the 2083Mhz that AMD say it runs at. Can anyone suggest what I'm doing
    wrong? I don't want to either over or under-clock it by mistake.

    TIA!

    A.N.Other, Aug 17, 2003

  2. A.N.Other

    Nero Guest

    Make sure the multiplier is set right and fsb is set to 166

    Nero, Aug 17, 2003

  3. Get CPU-Z 1.19a from www.cpuid.com and check the actual speed.

    Try this:
    Turn off the computer and unplug the cord. Move the JBAT1 jumper to the
    'Clear Data' position and then back to the 'Keep Data' position and reboot.
    That will clear/reset the BIOS to the default.

    If that doesn't work try re-flashing the BIOS. Did you change ANY jumpers on
    the mobo? If you did, put everything back to the default.

    Too_Much_Coffee ®

    Too_Much_Coffee ®, Aug 20, 2003
  4. A.N.Other

    A.N.Other Guest

    Thanks one & all. Finally cracked it - The guys who sold me the CPU flogged
    me a thoroughbred rather than a barton, despite telling me they only had
    bartons. As a result, I was working with the wrong clock speed. Now all I
    have to do is worry about my *new* cpu since my state of the art
    coolermaster heat sink died on me. The fan stopped working, but thankfully
    the heatsink dissipated enough heat to avoid frying my processor. I hope!

    A.N.Other, Aug 23, 2003