    motherboard supports USB 2.0 (or the old 1.1) ,I'm not able to understand it
    from the Control Panel of my Windows XP SP 2.
    Thanks in advance

    Valerius, Dec 17, 2005

  2. This board has USB 1.1 ports onboard. You need to buy a PCI card to get
    USB 2.0

    : I'm the owner of a K7S5A (Rev.1.0) motherboard.I'd want to know if this

    Brian Campbell, Dec 17, 2005

  3. Valerius

    tod Guest

    I believe only the later version of the K7S5A had USB 2.0.
    So your earlier version should only have USB 1.1.
    You should be able to get a K7S5A Pro (version 5.0)
    off EBay for cheap.

    tod, Dec 19, 2005
  4. Valerius

    uddarts Guest

    Re: HELP : K7S5A (Rev. 1.0) motherboard with USB 2.0?

    "" wrote:
    > I'm the owner of a K7S5A (Rev.1.0) motherboard.I'd want to
    > know if this
    > motherboard supports USB 2.0 (or the old 1.1) ,I'm not able to
    > understand it
    > from the Control Panel of my Windows XP SP 2.
    > Thanks in advance

    it’s the pro version that has usb 2.0 rear ports.

    do a "usb 2.0" search at link below, to get an idea of what usb 2.0
    pci card to get. if you have any problems with the one you get, try
    disabling the onboard usb 1.0.

    http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwb/ultimatebb.php?/forum/35.html

    ud

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/HELP-K7S5A-Rev-motherboard-USB-ftopict66798.html