Help keyboard problem with a Toshiba Satellite 2450 Laptop

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by dabuckto, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. dabuckto

    dabuckto Guest

    Hi:

    I have a relatively new Toshiba Satellite 2450 laptop.

    Awesome machine! But....

    I purchased several of these laptops a few months ago. All of the laptops
    came equipped with Windows XP Home edition (I think that's what it was).

    For various reasons (mostly to do with network Domain issues) three of the
    laptops were upgraded to XP Pro. On two of these machine the OS was
    upgraded to XP Pro; the third machine had a wipe and clean install of XP
    Pro.

    Here's the weirdness.....

    On the two laptops that were upgraded to XP Pro, the keyboard is
    intermittent. That is, when typing rapidly, the keyboard occasional stops
    responding, the missed characters are not cached, they are lost. The
    problem appears randomly, but it can be forced to happen if the Synaptics
    touch pad is touched while typing. This would lead one to believe that the
    touchpad is causing the problem, but I disabled the touchpad (at least in
    windows) but the problem is still there. I am using the latest release
    (including patches where applicable), of all drivers, OS, and Bios.

    The problem does not exist on the two laptops that were not upgraded or on
    the third laptop that had a clean install of XP pro.

    Anyone else experiencing this problem and found a solution?

    Thanks for any advice.

    dabuckto, Sep 5, 2003

  2. dabuckto

    MikeTEACHR Guest

    Ive had two Toshibas; and have never had a problem like that...

    Hope things work out, I'd offer advice but i;'m clueless

    mike

    www.miketheteacher.com

    MikeTEACHR, Sep 7, 2003