    dead mb?

    Thanks!
    --Ex-FIDOs do it in the trenches--

    Nobody, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Nobody

    rstlne Guest

    processor power supply dead..
    open up the pc case and look at the caps and make sure they are clean. Turn
    the pc on and see what the error is (I would guess it reports a bad
    processor) if you touch the heatsink then it's probabyl cool to the touch
    (start at the top and work towards the base).. make sure that you ground
    yourself to the case (grab it) before you touch anything inside .. but if
    the heatsink is cool/cold/roomtemp then keep moving down and see if it's
    warm/hot..
    if it's cold then the power regulator for the processor is shot..

    rstlne, Sep 17, 2003