    What are the first things I have to do the first time I boot the 8300: use XP to
    partition the 120GB drive? (I have Drive Image, but I would rather not copy my old
    system)

    _paul, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Your on the right track with starting from scratch instead of copying over
    your old system.

    First thing I'd do is repartition that hard drive into at least 2 and maybe
    three logical drives. Give yourself about 15 gig for the system drive and
    then split the rest in two one for volatile data like you files, and the
    other for more static files like MP3's or database files for any apps you
    have that may use a database.

    As to drivers, go out to dell and look for updates to your BIOS and drivers.
    Make sure you get the right sets of files. As to NVIDIA I've always
    replaced the Dell drivers with the latest detonator drivers from NVIDIA.
    I've never had a problem. I've done the same thing with Creative drives.

    Have fun with the new PC and let us know how it works out for you.

    Robert R Kircher, Jr., Nov 24, 2003