    Can anyone tell me where to find a Bios Flash (file) for this
    motherboard? A power surge has corrupted the bios
    and I need to reflash it.

    Jerry, Mar 14, 2006

  2. I wish I did. I see that FIC has the AM37 and AM37S listed on their
    website and FTP site, but nothing for the AM37L. Have you tried asking
    eMachines tech support?

    If there is anyone out here with an AM37L (various models of eMachines),
    I suppose they could take their existing BIOS and save it to a floppy.
    So if there is anyone out there with one of these boards......

    Alex Zorrilla, Mar 14, 2006

  3. Jerry

    ABoretz Guest

    ABoretz, Mar 14, 2006
  4. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    Yes - They sent me to FIC. And FIC has an announcement on their Bios
    page that says something like: "We do not support OEM boards" - which
    in this case refers to the AM37L model.
    That would be great - Does anyone have an Emachines Model S1940?
    And if so, could you run the flash program to save the Bios File for
    me? TIA . . .

    Jerry, Mar 15, 2006
  5. Jerry

    Roger Hunt Guest

    I had a look at emachines tech support and they do offer the S1940 BIOS,
    but at a price :
    http://www.esupport.com/global/model.cfm?model=6249

    Clicking the green BIOS Update button takes us to the page where they
    casually mention that it costs $29.95!

    Robbery!

    Roger Hunt, Mar 15, 2006