Help Needed PCI express

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by clone7, Apr 3, 2009.

  1. clone7

    clone7

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello everyone,

    I am trying to bulid a pc and i need help. I bought the Gigabyte GA-EX58-DS4mother the heat sink on it is blocking one of the pci slots.

    I am trying to use PCI express slot number 8 to put in a TV tunner.
    My TV tuner Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 MC Kit - Dual Tuner PCI Express TV Tuner.

    My question is seeing that the slot i want to use is blocked by the heatsink. can i use another pci express slot? Does it matter that the slots wont match 100% in length (the other ones are longer and the one i wanted to use matches) I would post pictures but i do not have enough post.
    I hope i am making sense and thanks for your help.

    clone7, Apr 3, 2009