    on another machine that had W98SE). How can I get them to work? Any
    help is greatly appreciated.

    -=-Phin

    Phin, May 11, 2004

  2. Phin

    Guest

    Forgive me for asking the obvious, but

    1) Did you use the original flat cable, (because although it looks like
    one, it is not a standard IDE cable), and
    2) Did you reconnect the power?

    Again, I'm sorry if these are too obvious, but if I had a nickel...

    HTH

    \\m//

    "Phin" <> wrote in message
    > I was wondering if someone can help. I am using SBLive Platinum 5.1 on
    > W2k, I installed the drivers for that W2k, but the front end, the
    > jacks and input in the front are not working (they were working before
    > on another machine that had W98SE). How can I get them to work? Any
    > help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > -=-Phin

    , May 11, 2004

  3. Phin

    empireAA Guest

    "Phin" <> wrote in message
    > I was wondering if someone can help. I am using SBLive Platinum 5.1 on
    > W2k, I installed the drivers for that W2k, but the front end, the
    > jacks and input in the front are not working (they were working before
    > on another machine that had W98SE). How can I get them to work? Any
    > help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > -=-Phin

    Did you use the WDM drivers that came with XP or from windows update? If you
    did, get rid of them , they're crap. Use the driver pack from Creative
    itself.

    empireAA, May 12, 2004