    beeps go :

    beep - beep beep beep - beep beep beep - beep

    Help needed ! SONY VAIO PCG-FX103 : 8 motherboard beeps at boot

    chas, Jan 2, 2004

  2. chas

    chas Guest

    i have used a link to sony online support and these beeps indicate a
    'keyboard controller' problem... so can anyone now tell me how to fix it
    so I can boot up reliably ? it will boot up only now and again ....thanks
    chas

    ps this startd after I had took laptop to friends house...but it was not
    dropped or anything

    chas, Jan 2, 2004

  3. chas

    chas Guest

    i just fixed it .... so if anyone else has this problem , take note ... as
    a rip off service centre may charge you £250 + for no reason whatsoever

    .....a stuck key on keyboard !!!

    I just hit all the keys with a light touch finger and that was it.. it
    booted ....probably a key stuck that not used much... !!! ;0)

    Fixed it !!!

    chas, Jan 2, 2004
  4. chas

    chas Guest