    The problem is that the dell dimension e310' case frontpanel uses a IDE-like ribbon, ive never seen this before. It carries usb, front audio, front usb, power button and leds,
    "the thing" has 40 pins (2x20), and i need the pinout so i can connect it to my standard motherboard

    i just dont want to open the case and shortcircuit the pwr pins to use my pc...

    p0laris, Oct 11, 2007
  2. p0laris

    gpooleii

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2007
    Location:
    Elbert, Colorado
    yeah. I've got the same problem. My motherboard in the E310 croaked. I'm trying to upgrade to a Core 2 Duo. I've probably got the same replacement board as you do -- with the same problem. (and yes, I've going to have to hack out the back of my case too.)

    Here's what I'm working on: I've contacted www.frontX.com to see if they make a power button component for their front panel system. They've got a cool thing going there. If they do, I'm in business. I can connect all the front panel components to the headers on the mother board.

    If not... I'm in the same position you are - trying to figure out the pins of the Dell front panel and rigging connections through that system.

    Let me know if you find anything.
    Glenn

    P.S. send me a picture of your system. I'd like to see it. [email protected]

    gpooleii, Dec 30, 2007