Help no video 2462

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by Guest, Aug 29, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi all hope you can help with this one. I have a s2462ng that has been
    sitting around the house in a box for over a year. I finally got up the cash
    and bought (2) 2200+ CPU's a gig of pc2100 ddr ram a case with the dual Xeon
    power and a Xeon to AMD power adapter. I connected everything up wiht and
    adaptec 2400a IDE RAID controller and 4 120GB ibm drives. Powers up but no
    video. I checked the jumpers and powered it up again, still no video.
    Cleared the CMOS still no video. Pulled an NVidea tnt2Vanta lite agp card
    from another system, still no go. Another 32 meg Nvidea agp card still no
    dice. Went into my junk box and found an old PCI Mach64 VT card that I
    confirmed good. still nothing. Disconnected all drives and swapped ram with
    a tiger 510 board that i have been using, Nothing. Pulled the CPU's and put
    in an 800Mhz Athalon still nothing.

    HELP, HELP, HELP

    Someone please give me a clue. No beeps until I remove the memory
    alltogether. then I get 1-3-3-1

    Dave

    Guest, Aug 29, 2003

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I forgot to mention and now realize that this might be part of the problem
    that I have 2- 2200+ Athalon XP chips

    Guest, Aug 29, 2003

  3. Guest

    Tosser Guest

    Well, that's your problem mate. You need the true MP chips for this
    board, or to do one of the mods suggested at www.2cpu.com on your XPs.
    Did you try it with ONE of the XPs?
    If this motherboard has been sitting around idle for ages its bios might
    not support or recognise the speed of a 2200 CPU and you may have to
    flash it to something more recent.
    I suggest trying to get hold of a known good Athlon 1200 which _should_
    work on this board before assuming its a board problem.

    HTH

    Tosser, Aug 29, 2003