Help Overclocking GA-M55Plus-S3G

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by cjohnson1379, Mar 7, 2007.

  1. cjohnson1379

    cjohnson1379 Guest

    I just set up my new system and it runs fine at default but I can't
    seem to overclock it without problems. Here's a brief description of
    the system.

    GA-M55Plus-S3g (rev1)
    Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (90nm)
    Corsair VS1GBKIT667D2 memory
    Aspire case w/500W power supply
    Added Northbridge fan
    Seagate 160GB SATA 300 HDD
    WinTV PVR-150
    NEC DVD-R DL drive
    5 case fans

    I can get the clock to 210, leaving everything else alone. I tried
    lowering the HTT multiplier to 4X and setting the Memory to DDR533 so
    I don't OC anything but the processor. At 250 x 10 (2.5GHz) it will
    run without errors if it POSTs. Problem is, it hangs or POSTs in safe
    mode half the time. I'm using the stock AMD Heatsink but heat doesn't
    seem to be an issue. I have tried raising VCore to no avail. I even
    tried lowering the HT multiplier to 3X and CPU to 9X so the CPU is
    barely overclocked. It just doesn't like the clock over 210. Any
    ideas?

    Chris

    cjohnson1379, Mar 7, 2007