Help, P4P800+WD1200JB stuck in PIO mode in WinXP?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by William Cheng, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. Hi all,

    I have a bunch of drives hooked up to my new MB (Asus P4P800) and just
    recently checked in WinXP that my primary drive Western Digital WD1200JB was
    running in PIO mode. I swore when I put together the system at first that
    it was running properly at UDMA5. I can't seem to get it into this mode.
    My bios says its at UDMA5, and I've used the Western Digital utilities to
    query the drive and it reports ATA100 (UDMA5) when I am not in WinXP. Help?
    Is there anybody else with this problem? I haven't cracked open the case
    yet, but I intend to discconnect every drive until I am just left with this
    one drive and see what that does. My current setup is as follows:

    Primary 0 (C) -WD1200JB master (PIO)?? - this should be UDMA5
    Primary 1 (D) -Quantum 30Gb slave (UDMA2)
    Secondary 0 (G) -LiteON CD-RW master (UDMA2)
    Secondary 1 (H) -Pioneer DVD slave (UDMA2)
    VIA IDE 0 (E) - Quantum 6.4Gb master (on-board controller not using RAID
    functions)
    SCSI 1 (F) -IBM Deskstar 4.3Gb (SCSI2)

    Additionally, what ATA/ATAPI controller does the P4P800 have? My device
    manager reports:
    Intel 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers

    Thanks, any suggestions would be helpful.

    William Cheng, Sep 4, 2003

  2. William Cheng, Sep 4, 2003