Help Picking the correct notebook

Discussion in 'Dell' started by MaddogMadsen, Aug 1, 2006.

  1. MaddogMadsen

    MaddogMadsen

    I am currently looking at buying a laptop for university, but it must have good graphics and sound for games. (The game I usually play are Battlefield 2, AOM and AOE) the one I am currentlly looking at is a dell Inspirion 6400. the specs I am considering are

    Intel® Core™ Duo processor T2300E (2MB Cache/1.66GHz/667MH

    256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™Go 7300 TurboCache or 256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory™

    Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™ HD Software Edition

    120GB 5400rpm Hard Drive

    2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHZ, 2 DIMM

    My question is a do I really need to get the 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHZ, 2 DIMM or could I get a 1GB Shared Single Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHZ, 1 DIMM ?... what is the benifits

    Also Could I get away with a 80GB 5400rpm Hard Drive ?...

    and If anyone has anyother sudjestions that would be awsome

    Maddog

    MaddogMadsen, Aug 1, 2006