HELP! Please!!! ...ASUS V9980 Ultra Nvidia FX5950 Chipset

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by BigSie, Sep 27, 2004.

  1. BigSie

    BigSie Guest

    I have a ASUS V9980 Ultra (Nvidia FX5950 chipset) AGP graphics card.

    Computer works fine until i run games.

    When i play a game i get massive "spikes" and lines coming from the
    distance, random drawn coloured lines flashing up everywhere and they
    obscure everything making some games unplayable.

    What are they? Why does it do this??? How can i fix this problem???? is my
    card goosed!!!???? Please somebody help me!

    My AGP aparture to 256 MB and ive downloaded all of the latest drivers
    (Nvidias and ASUS's own) and still the same thing.

    Please help me!

    Cheers

    BigSie

    BigSie, Sep 27, 2004

  2. BigSie

    GTS Guest

    Do you have FSAA turned on as default, possibly set too high? Only time I
    saw something like this was when I set FSAA to maximum on NFS Underground...

    GTS, Sep 27, 2004

  3. BigSie

    Warty Guest

    Also change your AGP aperture to 128 or even 64 and try that.

    Also, what air flow do you have going through the comp?
    Take the side of the case off and see if that makes a difference.

    Warty

    Warty, Sep 27, 2004
  4. BigSie

    John Guest

    and is your card got its external power molex connected?

    John, Sep 28, 2004
  5. BigSie

    N´far Guest

    Had the same probs with FarCry and BF1942 on 2 diff. machines.
    The MX400 would like 45.23 and the 5900XT the 66.00.
    I think it´s a driver problem.

    N´far, Sep 28, 2004
  6. BigSie

    John Guest

    Actually thinking about it, this sounds like a heat issue to me. Try to
    improve airflow etc.

    Bad I had this happen to me on my FX5900 that i overclocked too much,
    the ram is now fried :(

    John, Sep 28, 2004