Help please for Packard Bell X6620UK

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by scbs29, Apr 16, 2014.

  1. scbs29

    scbs29 Guest

    I have just been given a Packard Bell IExtreme X6620UK and wish to
    reformat the hdd and
    install Win 7 Pro instead of the Win 7 Home Premium that is there now.

    MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition v7.7 shows the following
    partitions:

    Partition Capacity Used Unused
    File System Type Status
    *.PQSERVICE 12.00GB 8.66GB 3.34GB
    NTFS Primary None
    *.SYSTEM RESERVED 100.0MB 25.39MB 74.61MB
    NTFS Primary Active & Boot
    C:packard Bell 459.45GB 90.58 GB 368.87GB
    NTFS Primary System
    D:DATA 459.96GB 1.84GB 458.12 GB
    NTFS Primary None

    I contacted Packard Bell about the PQSERVICE and SYSTEM RESERVED
    partitions and they
    replied that they were necessary, but would not tell me anything else.

    I cannot investigate them because they are not visible in Windows
    Explorer.

    Can anyone tell me what these partitions are ? Are they necessary if I
    format the hdd
    and install a bought copy of Win 7 Pro or can they be deleted?

    I was intending to delete the two partitions and extend the C:
    partition to cover the
    then unused space, followed by installing Win 7 Pro onto this
    partition after formatting.
    I am now unsure, however, because of these two partitions.

    Can anyone advise me ?
    TIA

    scbs29, Apr 16, 2014