HELP Please - K7T Turbo2 seeing XP1700 as XP1800

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Duncan, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. Duncan

    Duncan Guest

    Hi again,

    I'm still hoping that someone can help me out with this problem. I have
    until this afternoon to get this figured out, then the computer is going
    away with a friend of mine. I'd rather not send the PC away until I'm
    absolutely sure that it is configured properly.

    I have installed an XP1700 CPU on to an MSI K7T Turbo2 mobo, and it is
    seeing it as an XP1800.
    I thought I had configured the jumper on the mobo correctly by removing it
    so that it runs at 133 mhz.
    Am I missing something else ? Any help would be appreciated.
    Oh, one more thing... I'm also curious if anyone knows what a good
    temperature is for this CPU (XP1700) to run at. Currently it is hovering
    around 54-55 degrees celcius.

    Thanks,
    James

    Duncan, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Maybe you really have an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ instead.
    This you can check with WCPUID 3.1a http://www.h-oda.com/

    Sometimes the CPU detection in the Bios is not yet up to date to find
    the differences between the CPU's correctly.
    Are you using the latest Bios Version 3.6 ?
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/bios/bos/spt_bos_detail.php?UID=24

    On the same page is mentioned:
    Bios Version 3.5 "Fixed AMD XP 1700+ misdisplay issue" !!!!!!

    The CPU temperature (for a given CPU with cooler) depends amongst others
    on room temperature, case temperature, flow in the case.

    55 Celcius is not dangerously hot.
    Normal would be around 45C at 21C room temperature I would think but
    others may have a different opinion.

    --

    Eric P. van Westendorp Tel: +31(0252)210579
    Reigerslaan 22 2215NN Voorhout Netherlands

    Duncan

    E.P. van Westendorp, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Duncan

    Michael Shaw Guest

    My machine used to display XP2400 as unknown processor until I upgraded to
    the latest bios

    Michael Shaw, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Yes, my K7T Turbo2 did the same with an older Bios.

    E.P. van Westendorp, Nov 15, 2003