    Knowing what it does might be useful as well :)

    Thanks for your help

    Morgan

    Morgan, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Morgan

    Morgan Guest

    oops this post wasn't meant to go - have posted again with the correct
    motherboard name in the title:~)

    NF7-S not NFS-S

    Best wishes

    Morgan

    Morgan, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Morgan

    *Vanguard* Guest

    You'll need to specify your *version* of your NF7-S motherboard. I have version 2.0. For me, the PwrFan header is near the backpanel by the 20-pin Molex power connector from the power supply. The USB block is up at the front of the motherboard and down by CMOS battery. That is a LOT of real estate on the motherboard between these two. Maybe you have the version 1 of the motherboard where they are much closer together.

    *Vanguard*, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Morgan

    Morgan Guest

    Thanks for your help. If you check my other post (as I got the motherboard
    naming wrong in this title, you will note that someone has been able to help
    with the information that I needed.

    My board is a revision 2.0 and the USB block that I mentioned is the one
    where it would allow devices to be plugged into at the edge of the
    motherboard.

    Here is a picture.....

    www.flyinglizard.freeserve.co.uk/jumper.jpg

    Thanks again for your help

    Morgan

    Morgan, Jul 15, 2004
  5. Morgan

    HornDog Guest

    According to my book that is a usb power jumper.

    HornDog, Jul 15, 2004
  6. Morgan

    HornDog Guest

    To add:
    Pin 1-2 shorted (default) : Enable wake-up function support at USB1 port.
    Pin 2-3 shorted : Disable wake-up function support at USB1 port.

    HornDog, Jul 15, 2004