    Knowing what it does might be useful as well :)

    Thanks for your help

    Morgan

    Morgan, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Morgan

    Apollo Guest

    Does it have a red/orange 3-pin block to the right of it? If yes, the
    yellow one on mine is connected to pins 2-3, (2-3 being the pins closest to
    the red block).

    Don't know what it does though, I'll see if I can find out.

    HTH

    Apollo, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Morgan

    Morgan Guest

    Does it have a red/orange 3-pin block to the right of it? If yes, the

    Thank you very much for your help. It was indeed that jumper and I have been
    able to find this out, as I posted my plea in another forum as well - being
    desperate to switch the system on but also being unsure as to the position
    of importance of the jumper.....

    As for the unlabeled jumper near the LAN/USB ports, it is to switch the USB
    power.

    1-2 (default): USB device uses 5V dual power. When the system is off,
    optical mouse LED keeps light, and wake-up by keyboard/mouse function
    enabled.
    2-3: USB device uses VCC power. When the system is off, optical mouse LED
    goes out, but wake-up by keyboard/mouse function disabled.
    Unquote

    I do wish that Abit would have listed every jumper on the motherboard and
    its purpose, it would have been useful.

    Thanks again for your help

    Morgan

    Morgan, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Morgan

    BUFF Guest

    It is on the latest Rev of the Manual on the Taiwan server but i don't think
    that the US server has the latest.

    BUFF, Jul 15, 2004
  5. Morgan

    Morgan Guest

    I will get the latest manual now - thanks :)

    Morgan

    Morgan, Jul 15, 2004
  6. Morgan

    d.schatkamer Guest

    Hmm, I tried that switched the jumper but the light of the optical mouse
    stays on after shut down.

    d.schatkamer, Jul 16, 2004
  7. Morgan

    ICee Guest

    I think that jumper is being confused with the one behind the PS2 ports
    for the mouse and keyboard. The jumper behind the PS2 ports is the one
    for turning off the mouse LED. Try that and see what happens.

    ICee, Jul 16, 2004
  8. Morgan

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    Hmm, I tried that switched the jumper but the light of the optical mouse
    It shouldn't. My mouse optical mouse shuts off by using that jumper.
    Are you sure it's the right jumper? It's around a half inch below the ATX
    connector right?

    PRIVATE1964, Jul 16, 2004
  9. Morgan

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    I think that jumper is being confused with the one behind the PS2 ports
    It could be either one. It depends on what kind of mouse your using and how it
    is connected to the system. You could be using a USB mouse with a PS2 adapter
    or without the adapter. Then both jumpers would shut it off depending on how
    its connected.

    PRIVATE1964, Jul 16, 2004
  10. Morgan

    d.schatkamer Guest

    That sounds very logical :)
    But I use a PS2 mouse and it works, I'm very pleased with it, thanks :)))

    One other strange thing, sometimes I use Abit EQ for monitoring my fanspeeds
    and temps, when I putt the powersupply fan at the powerfanconnector on the
    motherboard there is no readout when I putt it on the cha-fanconnector i
    Have a readout, any idea ?

    d.schatkamer, Jul 16, 2004
  11. Morgan

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    I use Abit EQ for monitoring my fanspeeds
    If you have a fan that has a third yellow rpm wire it should show the rpm's on
    every connector.

    I am using all three fan connectors and I am able to monitor all of them.

    One thing it could be is the resolution of the connector. Look for a divisor
    setting in Abit EQ. I'm not sure if there is one though. I use MBPROBE to
    monitor my NF7-S. The fan is probably spinning so low on that connector its not
    being detected. The way that you can test is to try a faster fan on that
    connector and see if it's detected.
    I would also look in the bios to see if it's detected.

    PRIVATE1964, Jul 16, 2004
  12. Morgan

    borolad Guest

    The red light should stay on after shutdown, is your BIOS set for USB
    support, and is that support for BIOS or OS?, should be set for O/S,
    and are your drivers the latest or did you use the ones from the CD
    that came with the MOBO in which case they are prolly very old and out
    of date.

    BoroLad

    borolad, Jul 16, 2004
  13. Morgan

    d.schatkamer Guest

    No, but the cha-fanconnector doesn't care.
    I think it is, it's 1562 rpm

    The power supply is from an Antec Sonata
    I leave it as it is it's not really a problem.
    All runs fine 3200XP @ 2412 Mhz and not to loud :)))

    Thanks

    d.schatkamer, Jul 17, 2004
  14. Morgan

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    No, but the cha-fanconnector doesn't care.

    All of the fan connections can be monitored if the fan has a yellow rpm wire.

    That rpm is not very high that is probably why it is not being detected. You
    need to look for a divisor setting in Abit EQ if there is one so the fan will
    be detected. Try using mbprobe, it will give you all the voltages, temps and
    fan speeds for the NF7-S. Its a small program thats why I like it. It doesn't
    have all the extra bells and whistles like motherboard monitor but its easy to
    use and monitors enough things for me.

    All I was saying is if you want to know for sure if there is anything wrong
    with the connector put a faster fan on there just to test it. If you see the
    rpm's in Abit EQ with a faster fan then you know its because the powr supply
    fan is spinning so slow. After you test it put the PS fan back on it.

    PRIVATE1964, Jul 17, 2004
  15. Morgan

    d.schatkamer Guest

    I know, but it's not a problem, my system really Rocks and is solid :)))

    d.schatkamer, Jul 18, 2004
  16. Morgan

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    You brought it up as if it was a problem. I was telling you how to fix it.

    PRIVATE1964, Jul 18, 2004
  17. Morgan

    d.schatkamer Guest

    Sorry for that and your advice is very usefull, but I was thinking may be
    it's something simple like the dipswitch as the mouse :)

    d.schatkamer, Jul 18, 2004
  18. Morgan

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    Sorry for that and your advice is very usefull, but I was thinking may be
    No, there are not any switches for the fan headers.
    Its because the fan is spinning so slowly its not being detected. That's why
    some monitor programs have divisor settings you can change.

    PRIVATE1964, Jul 18, 2004