    stick with NVIDIA cards??

    Anyone with solution??

    Thanks

    S, Jun 30, 2003

  2. S

    Adrian Guest

    Must be a motherboard/PSU/video driver related problem. I know someone with
    a 9800 Pro and it works perfectly. I'd get one myself except I refuse to
    pay $400 for a card that I run games on 20% of the time.

    ~ Adrian ~

    Adrian, Jun 30, 2003

  3. S

    BoroLad Guest

    More likely to be a low/high level software problem rather than a
    hardware issue. The only two hardware issues would be the hard [brand
    and model] drive and for example using a 40 wire instead of an 80 wire
    cable on a modern drive.

    It's more probable that its 'write cache enabled' in either (1) BIOS (2)
    Registry (3) Windblows O/S. I'ts almost 0700 and I have to leave for
    work so no time left, so do a search for the keywords "delayed write
    error ati"

    Hope this helps,

    BoroLad

    BoroLad, Jun 30, 2003
  4. S

    S Guest

    Everything was fine for 2 years with GeForce cards... It's an ATI BUG! (one
    more) Just do this:

    - select the Advanced Tab then the Settings button under Performance

    - select the Advanced tab on the Performance options tab

    - in the Memory Usage area, ensure the Programs radio button is selected

    - Apply the changes and select OK

    Amazing that ATI did not comment this... it's happening since the 7000
    series if I recall.
    Searched their web site for "delayed write" and found nothing.

    Thanks!

    S, Jun 30, 2003
  5. S

    bp Guest