Help required dismantling ipower Packard Bell laptop

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by rickjones, Feb 13, 2007.

  1. rickjones

    rickjones Guest

    I have a packard bell ipower laptop, which needs to be opened up. I
    have unscrewed all possible screws which can be seen.

    The back of it lifts up, exposing the inside to three quarters of the
    way down towards the back. However, it seems to be holding by a screw
    or a latch at a place corresponding to the keyboard letters T Y U or
    H. I cant lift the keyboard at all from the front to expose what might
    be holding it.

    Has anyone any ideas as to how I can open it up fully.

    As to why I want to open it up, this computer stopped booting up (no
    post) but the fan starts working. As I was trying to open it up it
    booted up a few times and stopped again, so I reckon there is some
    sort of loose connection and so I want to check this.

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Rick

    rickjones, Feb 13, 2007

  2. rickjones