Help :) Setting AMD 1333 (Long Specs!)

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by Huserx, Aug 21, 2005.

  1. Huserx

    Huserx Guest

    Greetings and Hello, :)

    I have many times read and found answers among these boards, but this
    time I feel I need a little more direct help. I need help properly
    setting (clocking) the processor in my old secondary pc for peak
    performance and stability. Rather than the default 1g the boards bios
    runs it at. I am fairly good with hardware but not very knowledgable
    at manually configuring processors. :)

    I know most posts request as much information as possible so here
    goes:

    Processor Die Information

    AMD Athlon
    A1333AMS3c
    AYHJA0126WPFW
    96582440178
    ®©1999

    Information from AMD

    A Processor Core Architecture AMD Athlon Processor
    1333 Model Number 1333MHz
    A Package Type Ceramic
    M Operating Temperature 1.75v
    S Max Die Temperature 95C
    3 Size of L2 Cache 256 Kbyes
    C System-Bus 266 MHz

    Additional Information

    Processor Multiplier 10x
    Max Theoretical Thermal Power 70.0w
    Max Current (Icc) In Amperes 40.0A
    Package Type PGA

    Memory

    (1) SEITEC 512M DDR-333 MHz CL2.5
    (1) Unknown 256M DDR-333 MHz

    Mainbaord
    SOYO KT-333 Dragon Plus

    Chipset Type
    VIA KT333CF
    Chipset Description
    VIA KT333CF / 8235 chipset Supports 266/333 MHz FSB
    Graphics Info
    AGP slot supporting 4X AGP Adjustable voltage from 1.5v to 1.8v
    Memory Type
    DDR400/333 SDRAM.
    Memory Description
    Three DDR 2.5V DIMM sockets support up to 3GB (DDR 333/266/200, 2GB
    for DDR 400)
    184-pin PC3200/PC2700/PC2100/PC1600 non-ECC, unbuffered DDR SDRAM
    memory

    Memory Speed CPU/FSB Support

    CPU Front side bus---DDR266---DDR333---DDR400
    200MHz----------------Yes--------Yes---------No
    266MHz----------------Yes--------Yes---------Yes*
    333MHz----------------No---------Yes---------Yes**
    400MHz----------------No---------No----------Yes

    AMD Processor FSB Support

    CPU Type------------------Thunderbird
    Board Type----------------200MHz---266MHz
    KT333 Dragon Plus!-------Yes--------Yes

    Maximum AMD CPU Speed Support

    Model----------------------Thunderbird
    KT333 Dragon Plus!------1.4GHz

    BIOS OPTIONS

    CPU Frequency Mode
    Manual
    ---Manual Options
    -----Frequency 1MHz Stepping (0-255)
    -----CPU to PCI Divider /3 /4 /5 /6
    Auto
    DRAM Clock
    By Spd
    CPU Ratio Select
    5X-18X
    5.5X-13.5X & 16.5X

    CPU Voltage Select
    1.850 - 1.475 in .025 increments

    DDR (2.5v) Voltage Select
    2.6 2.7 2.8

    AGP (1.5V) Voltage Select
    1.6 1.7 1.8

    There are additional memory options available if needed. I hope I have
    provided enough information for you to assist me in setting these
    options without drowning you in too much detial, for my first post :/

    Sincerely :)

    HuserX

    Soyo KT333 Dragon Plus!
    AMD 1333 Mhz T-Bird
    Maxtor 20g 7200RPM HDD
    768M DDR Ram
    Nvidia TI-4200 64M AGP

    Huserx, Aug 21, 2005

  2. Huserx

    Wes Newell Guest

    Well, the default for this cpu is 10x133, so for default speed you should
    have the FSB and memory bus set at 133Mhz and vcore at 1.75v with a 4 PCI
    divider. Assuming you're want to overclock it, raise vcore to 1.85v and
    then start raising the FSB speed. If it's still working at 145MHz, change
    the PCI divider to 5 before going too much higher to keep the PCI/AGP
    buses within specs. If it's not stable at 145, then you might try a PCI
    setting of 5 there and test again. Most PCI devices will handle things up
    to about 38MHz OK, but some video cards aren't very tolerant once over
    70MHz. In any case the default of 10x133 wiill give you a 33% increase
    over what you have now if you are only running it at 10x100. you should
    need to raise vcore for the defaulkt speed.

    Wes Newell, Aug 21, 2005

  3. Huserx

    uddarts Guest

    vrrrrmmmmmmmm!!!!

    are you using a stock amd heatsink? what power supply do you have? do
    you still have your manual. if not download one. is this your board?
    http://www.soyo.com.tw/products/proddesc.php?id=189

    i notice you say it’s running at 1gig. the processor is underclocked
    right now. check your manual, there should be a jumper or a setting in
    your bios to set the fsb to 133. that would be a start, huh?

    get back to me and we will go on.

    install these programs.

    this one has a dash board that lists temps, voltages, cpu usage, etc.
    with a little tweaking it will work well.
    motherboard monitor 5
    http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

    this one will list the cpu, fsb and memory timings.
    cpuz
    http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

    ud

    uddarts, Aug 21, 2005
  4. Huserx

    Huserx Guest

    are you using a stock amd heatsink?

    I am using a coolermaster heatsink similar if not the same as this
    one..
    Clicky
    With Artic Silver 5 Compound

    An Antec 350w power supply
    Yes it is my board, no I do not have the manual and I get an error if
    I try to download either manual..

    http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/1567/picture000022cy.jpg
    There is a bios setting as illistrated above in my post under Bios
    Options CPU Frequency Mode...

    I installed MBM prior to this post the closest listing is the KT333
    All revisions:

    http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/5161/picture00017bf.th.jpg

    The dashboard:

    http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/1299/picture00038aw.th.jpg

    Soyo’s own software:

    http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7238/picture00029qt.th.jpg

    CPU ID presents the following (Also Installed before posting)

    http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4767/picture0012xz.th.jpg
    http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3449/picture0022wt.th.jpg
    http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4415/picture0037ho.th.jpg
    http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9056/picture0047rf.th.jpg
    http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4108/picture0052cm.th.jpg
    http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/182/picture0066le.th.jpg

    Thanks Thus Far,

    Huserx

    Soyo KT333 Dragon Plus!
    AMD 1333 Mhz T-Bird
    Maxtor 20g 7200RPM HDD
    768M DDR Ram
    Nvidia TI-4200 64M AGP

    Huserx, Aug 21, 2005
  5. Huserx

    uddarts Guest

    http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/co...l.soyo.com/soyousa/manuals/k7/mk7vx4l-v11.pdf

    i just grab it from the above link. backup link! :D
    http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/filedesc.php?id=2157

    my first suggestion is to enter bios and choose optimal settings/save
    and exit. that should get you 10x133=1333. that would be a start. i
    see no jumper for 100fsb/133,166 so it has to be bios set. i have a
    kt600 ultra and kt880 and they don’t have a jumper either. your
    probably running default setting now. going by this info:

    "Information from AMD

    A Processor Core Architecture AMD Athlon Processor
    1333 Model Number 1333MHz
    A Package Type Ceramic
    M Operating Temperature 1.75v
    S Max Die Temperature 95C
    3 Size of L2 Cache 256 Kbyes
    C System-Bus 266 MHz "

    how much does you cpu temp go down when you pop the side of the case
    off?

    the manual is pretty detailed. if you haven’t found the cmos/bios
    clear jumper yet. it’s jp5, bottom/right edge of the board. just for
    when things get tricky.

    ud

    uddarts, Aug 21, 2005
  6. Huserx

    uddarts Guest

    glad things are improving. if you care to really go for it set your
    vcore to the max which i think is 1.85, the vdimm to 2.8v, then set
    the fsb on the cpu and ram to 166fsb and see if it goes. if not then
    clear the cmos with the jumper and set it back to the way you have it.
    if it works you might want to up the fan on the cooler with something
    like this.

    http://www.directron.com/fanadp.html

    http://www.directron.com/a1357.html

    you need to run prime95 to check stability but watch the temps.

    http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

    good luck!

    ud

    uddarts, Aug 21, 2005