    my cat can have a well paid job with Microsoft. In the mean time I
    would be enormously grateful for any help anyone can suggest (apart
    from a taxidermist, although I have been tempted :)

    irksomerob, Feb 15, 2005

  2. Perhaps a Fuji heavy will know specific keystroke combos, if you can't find it
    in the laptop's inbuilt help. But certain video chipsets have the ability to
    rotate the screen in 90 degree increments. (It's wonderfully disruptive to
    turn someone's screen image upside down!) As it can't hurt to look, go into
    the device manager, find your video entry, and see if the properties page
    offers you any tab to control image orientation. You've only wasted a few
    seconds if this isn't fruitful

    As an aside, this is one feature for which I can't begin to fathom a use - it
    sure strikes me as a solution looking for a problem..

    Art

    Arthur Shapiro, Feb 16, 2005

  3. irksomerob

    PlaneGuy Guest

    I think it is a great feature. I believe it re-emerged recently with the
    advent of tablet PCs, but I recall years ago, when the monitor makers had
    made monitors that had an A4 sized screen, and could be rotated from
    landscape to portrait orientation, for things such as word processing, where
    you wanted to see a full page of text.

    On my Dell, when I am showing photos that are mainly taller than they are
    wide (ie Portrait orientation) their is no point in displaying them across a
    wide screen, so I rotate the screen, and view them full screen.

    PlaneGuy, Feb 16, 2005
  4. irksomerob

    figglywig Guest

    Have you tried to boot into "Last Known Good Configuration", or used
    System Restore to go back to a point in time before you kitty 'helped'
    you?

    - Gail

    figglywig, Feb 16, 2005
  5. irksomerob

    irksomerob Guest

    Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions. Managed to sort it
    out eventually by going into control panel and clicking on the icon
    for the Nvidia video card. That had a tab for properties which in
    turn had a tab for screen rotation. I clicked on this which corrected
    the problem. I still haven't managed to figure out how my cat managed
    to achieve this by walking on some combination of keys, but as with
    the kids I think we will have to restrict her use of the computer in
    future. :D

    irksomerob, Feb 17, 2005
  6. irksomerob

    Richard

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2015
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    almost 10 years to the day - my cat did exactly the same thing walking over and then sleeping on the Amilo and changed the screen format. I did a restore and it gave me an error message not all settings changed. Many thanks for these posts as it fixed it. The laptop is quite old and probably not even in the museum. Thanks

    Richard, Mar 9, 2015