    card?

    Thanks in advance

    Todd

    Todd Anderson, Jul 6, 2004

  2. Todd Anderson

    Ken Guest

    The first suspect, as usual, would be the PSU.

    - What PSU are you using?
    - I'm not familiar with the Elsa Synergy III - did it require an additional
    connection to the PSU? (I know the Quadro does.)

    Secondly, I notice that the Quadro requires an AGP 2.0 compliant slot. I
    don't know if the AGP slot in the 2462 is 2.0 compliant or not, but I just
    thought I'd throw it out there.

    Ken

    Ken, Jul 6, 2004

  3. Ken,
    Thanks for your help.

    I have brand new PSU. the slot is slated for agp 2.0. I have swaped
    everything out in different systems and each component works fine.

    I did get a Tyan tech email this morning saying it was an incompatible
    chipset problem. I wonder who is supposed to fix it TYAN or PNY?

    Hopefully i will get answer to that question soon.I would really love
    to use this card. I dread having to return it and find a different
    one.

    Thanks again for you help
    todd

    Todd Anderson, Jul 7, 2004
  4. Todd Anderson

    BT Guest

    Todd,
    I had the same problem except with a GeForce FX 5600 Ultra based card. After
    researching it for about two weeks, I found that it is problem with the AMD
    762 chipset (Not sure if it affects the 726MPX). I remember reading on a
    website, I think it was www.2cpu.com, that there is no fix for it and there
    is none planned.

    I ended up dumpping the Thunder K7 after my power supply died. I replaced it
    with the Tiger K8W which is a great board.

    Ben

    BT, Jul 9, 2004