Help: Unlock high multipliers on LOCKED 2500+ using software MSR

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by Michael Winterer, Jan 4, 2004.

  1. Hi folks,

    I am a newbie and need your help!

    Here is what I have:

    Barton 2500+ LOCKED at 11x :-(

    Gigabyte GA7-VAXP (VIA KT400)

    I would like to unlock the high multipliers >= 13x
    by using the awsome program CPU MSR
    (http://www.cpuheat.wz.cz/html/CPUMSR_main.htm)

    But I do not want to modify the CPU (afraid of breaking it).

    Does some "'WIRE TRICK" exist?

    Could anybody please help me !!!!!
    Thanks in advance.

    Peter

    Michael Winterer, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Michael Winterer

    Jon Guest

    Have you tried fiddling with the on board dip switches (there should be six
    of them) to access 13x multiplier. Look at your motherboard manual for how
    to do this.

    Jon, Jan 6, 2004