    problem or have I got a faulty motherboard?

    thanks for any help,

    Paul

    Paul Millar, Dec 29, 2004

  2. Well, since 11x167=1833 it is not difficult to say that fsb is not set
    correct in bios.
    This can be due to bad setup in bios. Then it haults.

    I hope you can set fsb in bios. Normally it is to chooce user setup or
    manual or expert mode.

    The NF7-S2 is a discount version that cannot do overclock in bios.

    The program cpu-z can be downloaded. It shows how your cpu runs.

    best regards

    John

    JK (at mail dot dk), Dec 29, 2004

  3. Paul Millar

    rms Guest

    Received a new Abit NF7-S2 Motherboard with a AMD Sempron 2600+ 1.83GHz
    You sure you have the latest update? They added semprom support very
    recently. In any case, 1100 is the default safe speed, just go into the
    bios and set it up manually.
    This is common, and just means you have some bios setup stability issues
    to resolve. The temporary solution is to turn the power supply off and back
    on (if it has a switch) or unplug the power cord for a few seconds, then
    reboot while holding the Ins key (this resets the bios to the 1100 default
    setting). Then hit Del to get into the bios as usual and figure out what
    the proper settings are.

    rms

    rms, Dec 29, 2004