Help - wierd recurring message on Abit IC7

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Mike Mabry, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. Mike Mabry

    Mike Mabry Guest

    Hi all,
    Need some help here. I have an Abit IC7 with a p4c 2.6 and Kingston
    HyperX pc3700. Initially, with the stock fan, I just oc'd the sucker
    right up to 3.25 - no problem. The setting necessary was the dram
    from 1.1 to 5.4. I worked like a champ. It was running a little hot
    so I set it back to 3.0 until I could get a better fan. Then,
    suddenly without any change I started to the msg - cpu is unworkable
    or has been changed, press del to enter bios.

    Well, I did. I set it back to the default - 2.6. Rebooted. Same
    thing. Got that message. I get that booger every time. I can't get
    rid it. It won't let me change any of the setting either. If I set
    it to oc, it sets it back to 2.6 and I get ms.

    I talked to tech support where I bought the board, they said to flash
    the bios. I did. Same thing. Now they are telling that it is the
    ram they sold me. HyperX wants to go to fast. Go to toms hardware
    and see if they can help.

    Well, foks, do you have about what my problem might be? Should I get
    them to RMA the board and give me a new. It's only 2 1/2 weeks old.
    Got any other suggestions?

    Thanks a bunch,
    Mike

    Mike Mabry, Oct 31, 2003

  2. <snip>

    It's saying that your manually entered parameters don't match what the CPU
    'really is'. Turn off the 'hold on CPU error' check in BIOS so that it
    doesn't care if they match.

    David Maynard, Oct 31, 2003